It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

• electric shock sensations

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-29-2008, 12:22 PM   #1
    dawnies
    (female)

dawnies HB User
    electric shock sensations

Does anyone here suffer from electric shock like pain, the past few days i have had it in one of my fingers and it really hurts i hate to think what would happen if i was carrying a hot drink at the time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2008, 12:50 PM   #2
    april1848
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

april1848 HB User
    Re: electric shock sensations

Yes, I do. Everything from electric shock feelings to pain to pins and needles to total numbness. Do you have MS?

I've spilled lots of things, by the way! Total clutz here!
    Stopped 4/10 due to no insurance.

Old 03-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #3
    vonnag
    (female)

vonnag HB User

I have the electric shock sensations also.

I spilled two drinks on my husband within 24 hours. I told him something wierd was going on with me, but when this happened, he took notice and made an appointment for me! We started joking around about how I was just making excuses about my hand not cooperating with me, and how I was actually doing it on purpose.

When the GP got the results back on the MRI, she called us and had us come into her office. She was all solumn, and said she hated to break the news, but it looked like I might have MS. I looked at my husband and said, "See, I told you I didn't spill those drinks on you on purpose." We both laughed. The GP said she was glad we could still laugh at such a time.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:12 AM   #4
    Bearygood
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bearygood HB UserBearygood HB User

You may want to research L'Hermitte's sign, an electric shock type of feeling that some experience with MS.

Closed Thread