It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

• Copaxone & Hives or Bad Reactions

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-13-2008, 03:48 PM   #61
    Nenu
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Nenu HB User
    Re: Copaxone & Hives or Bad Reactions

Suspended? For blue hair? Wow! I know they were strict at Catholic schools in my area, and did suspend for stuff like this. I was at a public school and when I had blue, green, pink etc hair at 16, most of my teachers just turned their noses up at it. I did however have my geography teacher poke his head into my classroom one day on the way by, and say "Nice hair!" in front of the entire class. Not soon after, you began seeing everyone in the school going crazy with hair colors, docs (the shoes of choice at the time!) and colored nailpolish. Ahhh fun times!!

I'm trying to lose weight! Kinda. I'm not overdoing it. I know with how I am eating now (low low fat etc) that I will eventually shed pounds. I just need to be more active. I walked today. It had finally stopped raining. I was so happy. And when I'm happy, the MS symptoms start to go away or feel better. 95 pounds is a tiny tiny girl! I do hope you can gain some back. It's tough when you're busy, which I know you are, and always active. You just burn off whatever you consume because you're constantly on the go.

But I also know that I have better MS days when I'm active, versus the days when I'm inactive. Being active can be good, just gotta find the happy medium of not overdoing it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2008, 04:00 PM   #62
    april1848
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

april1848 HB User

I was suspended because my blue hair was "distracting others from learning". And it was a public school! Believe me, there were people doing or wearing things that were much more distracting! I was just being a bratty, rebellious teenager. A lot of that is still with me!

For the past few days I've been on a high protein, high carb "diet". I drink a protein shake every day (gross) and I eat two bowls of cereal right before I go to bed. I try to eat pasta every day, and I've been eating a ton of toast and nuts. I only eat whole grain carbs, but after a few days of this, it's tiring me out and I'm not used to eating like this. I just really need to gain this weight back!

My metabolism is just really high I guess. And I've been feeling very rushed lately, hence my falls and bumps. It's like my feet are getting ahead of me. I agree that staying as active as possible is incredibley important for my mental and physical health, but I'm struggling to find that happy balance!

I can't remember how old you are, Nenu, but we must be around the same age. I still have my docs, they really do last forever! And even though I work at a place where I have to dress pretty conservative, I still paint my nails crazy colors, and I intend on having some purple highlights put into my hair, just a few!

I love coming here and being with people who understand!!!!
    Stopped 4/10 due to no insurance.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:06 PM   #63
    Nenu
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Nenu HB User

31 April dear We are very much around the same age!

I bet you remember (I don't know if they still make it!) Manic Panic. It wasn't my favorite though... "Directions" conditioner that was also a hair dye was AMAZING! Forest green was my favorite color. I had my hair auburn with the 2 front pieces (I don't have bangs and part in the center) forest green. I used to get a lot of compliments on it

I still have my Docs too. Well, 2 pairs. My 8 hole black ones, and my 8 hole white with printed flowers of all colors . I still wear them sometimes! I miss my electric blue ones, they were my favorite, but when I went to University, I left them with a younger friend of mine to 'carry on the legacy'. I'm sure she wore them to death

I love whole grain bread. It's my most favorite type of bread to eat. I used to just eat the plain old whole wheat, but 2 slices of whole grain on it's own is like a full meal. And very good for you. Delicious!

Closed Thread