It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

• transverse myelitis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-29-2009, 01:56 PM   #1
    Hope4cure
    (female)

Hope4cure HB User
    Unhappy transverse myelitis

I saw my neurologist yesterday for tingling and numbness in my feet that has sense traveled up my legs and genital area. He set up the steroid treatment I always get for an MS attack. However, I was on line and found transverse myelitis and I have all the symptoms. I also saw that it can be common in MS patients at some time, just like optic neuritis (I have had 3 episodes of that and recovered with 20/20 vision)
    Is there any one out there who has suffered from this? And if so how was your recovery? I am very frightened. I was diagnosed with MS in 2000 I am still said to be in the relapsing and remitting stage of it. I was just not happy to see that my doctor didn't even mention this condition (transverse myelitis)

Last edited by Hope4cure; 01-30-2009 at 06:22 AM. Reason: typo error

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
    molly3631
    (female)

molly3631 HB User
    Re: transverse myelitis

Hello - I've been diagnosed with transverse myelitis twice. Once 8 years ago and again this past spring. I wasn't diagnosed with MS until after my second bout with mylelitis. I can't say that I've recovered completely, but it is somewhat mild. I had the exact same symptoms that you described. The only time I feel tingley is when I over do it, get sick, too hot, exercise, but I can't say that it's changed the quality of my life. I still live a very normal life and just try to take it easy when my body tells me to! Hang in there and give it some time and allow the treatment to take it's course. Good luck!!

Old 01-30-2009, 06:16 AM   #3
    Hope4cure
    (female)

Hope4cure HB User
    Re: transverse myelitis

Thank you so much for the info Molly. I do my best to remain optimistic-for my husband and kids. It can be hard at times. Glad I found this site. Thanks again

Closed Thread