It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

• Does anyone get headaches with MS

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-04-2001, 08:19 PM   #1
    strandedagain

strandedagain HB User
    Question Does anyone get headaches with MS

For as long as I can remember I have had headaches. (Migraines) At eight years old is when I can remember my first one. They have lasted for years but that is not the main concern here. I feel that they (Headaches) are just another problem. However, I have had in the past 5 or 6 years stabbing pains in behind my eyes. Mostly left but now in right eye as well. There is also a pain that feels like there is a needle being stuck into my eye. I also see a purple spot at times in my eyes.

Other symptoms would include muscle spasms to the point where I have not been able to walk on my own. Vertigo http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif , tremors, shakiness, muscles twitching all the time. Pain that feels like electical currents going through me. Cramps especially at night in feet and calves. Mouth twitches and tongue, eyes and eye lids. Tingling in arms and legs as well as face. Cold seems to worsen my symptoms.

I also had trouble distigishing the color red in a test the the Neuro gave me.

Does anyone have these symptoms and do you feel that some headaches could be due to MS?

Thank you.

------------------
    Darlene

[This message has been edited by strandedagain (edited 10-05-2001).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2001, 09:49 AM   #2
    donnaboh

donnaboh HB User
    Darlene, Unfortunately MS comes in many shapes sizes and symptoms but I would go with your neuro on this. In my thinking headaches can be caused by MS but also from head and neck problems and posture. If the neuro does all the diagnostics and says you are fine (brain MRI/ catscan) then it may be a physical therapy realm. The fact that you have had this since you were 8 lends itself to be unrelated to MS. Talk to your Dr and be proactive and GET an answer.

Old 10-06-2001, 01:38 PM   #3
    strandedagain

strandedagain HB User
    Smile

Thank you donnaboh for your reply.

The headaches that I am talking about are different than those that I have suffered for years as migraines. Which started when I was 8.

These different headaches just started in the past 5 to 6 years. And they are far different than any migraine that I have had.

So far there has been no MRI or CAT. Physio Therapy just lead them to have me seek different medical treatment since it was causing the symptoms to worsen.

But thanks

Closed Thread