It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

could i have ms?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
lynda1285
(female)

lynda1285 HB User
Question could i have ms?

im a 24 yr old female and for the past 4 years iv been having really weird symptoms which my doc says is epilepsy but i know its not these symtoms come and go and all come at different times i can go for months at a time and be fine and then all these weird things happen like pins and needles in my face ,tiredness,depressed feeling,mood swings,pain in legs ,pains in back and sometimes im sitting about and my whole body feels like its getting further and further away from my surroundings its hard to explain i had a egg done about 3 yrs ago and it was abnormal so thats why the doctors said it was epilepsy i know there is something wrong with me but i feel like my doctor doesnt want to help me any replies would be greatly apprectiated dont no if this matters but i have three kids and all these symptons starting happening in my first pregnancy forgot to add that my memory is terrible to and that i sometimes get like a burning tingling sensation in the back of my head and down my shins and i also get cramps in my calf muscles

Last edited by lynda1285; 10-18-2010 at 09:18 AM. Reason: forgot some symptoms

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
MSJayhawk
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: could i have ms?

You may indeed have epilepsy, but MS can also be accompanied by seizures. Because of the overlap, you can always seek a second opinion. In college there was a girl with epilepsy who had the symptoms you noted. She took meds for her seizures, but the meds did not prevent her seizures, just lessened the severity of the seizures. For her the epilepsy was related to one specific part of her brain (I do not recall which).

I would air on the side of epilepsy. Because you have doubts, ask for a neurologist who deals with MSers. You might also compare your symptoms with others who has epilepsy on the epilepsy forum.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Old 10-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #3
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: could i have ms?

my doc says is epilepsy but i know its not

May I ask why your doc thinks you have epilepsy and you dont? Epilepsy is a condition which is TESTABLE..and if you had the tests, then your doc is probably right..

Another thing you stated is that your symtoms started when you were pregnant...that is VERY UNLIKE MS. Almost every case - people will MS go into remission (no symtoms) when they are pregnant because the body protects itself during that time...its after delivery that many people have a relapse. Sometimes, immediatly after delivery.

Your symtoms sound very much like epilepsy to me but as Jayhawk said, seizures can happen with MS as well...its just that its quite rare, and the rest of what you said, just doesnt sound very MS like...

What tests have you had?
Nikki

Closed Thread