It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

Numb scalp

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-12-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
zadie
(female)

zadie HB User
Numb scalp

Hi have not had any symptoms for about 4 years then last night my right side of my head and face and neck is numb I can feel everything but a very strang sensation especially when brushing my hair has anybody else had this . Was told if I had anything for more than 24hours to contact the Dr.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2010, 03:27 AM   #2
hamfrie
Inactive
(female)

hamfrie HB Userhamfrie HB User
Re: Numb scalp

yes I had the feeling of a tight rubber band around my head....the numbness then wore off and i now have what i call loss of sensation. I can feel pressure and I know I am touching my head or brushing my hair but I no longer have the normal tingly feeling you get. the heavier the touch wierdly enough the less tingly it feels.

The Following User Says Thank You to hamfrie For This Useful Post:
zadie (11-15-2010)
Old 11-13-2010, 09:56 AM   #3
MSJayhawk
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

As you are in your spring season and moving towards summer, seasonal shifts can bring the onset of symptoms. I often have numbness in my facial muscles without realizing it. My doctor has me smile at her to check for numbness. If you smile in the mirror, you can see areas which are affected. You might try cold compresses to help alleviate your numbness. Typically, if the symptom persists it is MS. It would be good to have the doctor check you to confirm it is MS related and not something else.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

The Following User Says Thank You to MSJayhawk For This Useful Post:
zadie (11-15-2010)
Old 11-14-2010, 07:49 PM   #4
zadie
(female)

zadie HB User

Had a head neck and back massage to see if this would help boy that is the strangest feeling when you cant feel the massage .Now today the neck better and scalp but ear and face numb. Made an appiontment for 'GP just to rule out anything else.Not sure if I should go to ms clinic what can they do.
Michele

Old 11-14-2010, 08:43 PM   #5
MSJayhawk
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

I would check with your GP first and then see the MS clinic. At the very least your GP can generally see you sooner and can always notify your neuro of your current concerns.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:04 PM   #6
zadie
(female)

zadie HB User

Well seen GP and its back to the ms clinic for me on Thursday numbness is worse now also a crawling feeling over my face aghhhh so be it not a bad as last time when I did not know what I had.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:18 PM   #7
MSJayhawk
Facilitator
(male)

You might try cold compresses to alleviate some of your discomfort.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:00 AM   #8
hamfrie
Inactive
(female)

hamfrie HB Userhamfrie HB User

Try taking B3 (niacin) with the intention of getting a flush. (this opens up the blood vessels and might help with the numbness)

x

Old 11-16-2010, 11:58 PM   #9
zadie
(female)

zadie HB User

Well another day on and things are getting worse I think it is going down my arm it feels very tight .My face now feels like it is burnt stinging this is my first relapse and I have to admit pretty scared. HELP
Michele

Last edited by zadie; 11-17-2010 at 12:27 AM.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:43 AM   #10
MSJayhawk
Facilitator
(male)

You might find relief with pool therapy. Nerve pain can be difficult because very few if any pain meds bring relief. For me, from my lower back down my legs response best to pain relief with a heating pad. For trunk and arms, cold compresses help; for my head and face,acupressure at the point of the strongest pain has helped me more than cold compresses.

Closed Thread