It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

Back For An Update

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2010, 06:59 PM   #1
littlehutton
(female)

littlehutton HB Userlittlehutton HB Userlittlehutton HB User
Back For An Update

Hi everyone

Have not posted in a while, as I have been through a roller coaster of diagnostics recently.

But I am very pleased to announce that Limbo Land is now finally a thing of the past.

I got to the point in my diagnostic journey where I could no longer cope with being bounced from one doctor to another, only to be totally dismissed, discredited and sent on my way.

I took some time away from the medical world, got plenty of rest and clarity in my mind about my situation, addressed anxiety issues, and researched a lot. I realized after a while that my symptoms just did not quite fit MS, Fibro, CFS, and they all kept pointing to one thing which was Lyme Disease.

I sought out a private clinic, had a huge batch of tests done which were sent to Germany, and low and behold, I tested positive for Lyme and the co infection Bartonella.

I have not started treatment yet, but have my follow up appointment this week, so should be starting treatment anytime soon. Of course I am quite distressed that I have this awful disease, but I also feel such relief to have finally reached a diagnosis. I guess I am closing one chapter and now starting another.

Unfortunately I had some extremely awful and distressing experiences with doctors which I know can be common in Limbo Land circumstances, but I would just like to say to all those people who are in Limbo, please do not give up hope, keep pushing for answers, go to a different doctor if you are not getting the help you need, and be your own advocate. And most importantly, be patient. Limbo land is hard, but it can take time to find the right help and reach that diagnosis.

I wanted to also say a huge thank you to everyone who has ever responded to me on this board, you were all such an enormous help to me when I was at my lowest point, and I truly would not have made it through without you all.

I hope you are all doing ok, and blessings to every single one of you

x x x x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2010, 08:46 PM   #2
MSJayhawk
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: Back For An Update

Congratulations on your resolution! Lyme is definitely treatable and I am happy you do not have MS. Stay positive whatever comes your way and I hope you return to a "healthy you" quickly! You might want to discuss things with the Lyme board members too.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Closed Thread