It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

MRI update

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
JodiH
(female)

JodiH HB UserJodiH HB UserJodiH HB UserJodiH HB User
MRI update

I went for my six month visit at my MS clinic and they happened to have my MRI results from a research study I did. I didn't expect those results to be available so I was nervous when I found out they had them. She said I had four lesions. My original MRI showed 3. However, these are on different machines and I do not know if the strength of the machines were the same. Regardless, i was disappointed to hear but she didn't seem to be stressed by it when reviewing the results. I asked again, "are we sure this is MS stuff and that I just didn't have a mini stroke"..no such luck. She reiterated that yes I am diagnosed definitely with CIS and she would absolutely stay committed to treatment. I noted that the daily shots are getting tiring and I can't imagine them forever. My upper arm seems a little dark/off and she suggested i avoid that area but I don't want to autoinject so not sure if I can get a shot in and avoid that area. Right now, for the upper arms, I lay my arm over a chair so the fat collects in one area. I am continuing to do well, high energy, some pain (but who knows could be other stuff), intermittent dizzyness, balance issues...but if it gets worse, I can't imagine!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: MRI update

Jodi, Im thinking congrats are in order, even though you might not see it that way right now. I have over 50 lesions in my brain- and as you know, it stops me from doing NOTHING. The good news is with Rebif, not one new one has shown up in 4+ years. I have an MRI on Monday the 29th, so we shall see if that has changed...

But the fact that you have 4....isnt a bad thing. Its the placement of them, not the number of them which you have to worry about. If you arent having long term problems now, you probably wont! You are probably right about the other machine picking up one which was missed the last time- or its possible, that when it was done the first time, it was too small to be noticed, but it grew large enough to show up in the imaging this time. Dont worry- they dont keep growing! Chances are, it might not even show up next time again. Mine seem to come and go on different MRIs, even though I consistently get it done at the same place, by the same machine, with the same radiologist reading it...

Hang tough girlfriend. youre doing great!
Nikki

The Following User Says Thank You to MSNik For This Useful Post:
Rudyfish (12-01-2010)
Old 11-24-2010, 07:54 AM   #3
Snoopy61
Senior Veteran
(female)

Snoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB User
Re: MRI update

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiH View Post
but she didn't seem to be stressed by it when reviewing the results.
JodiH,

Unfortunately, MS is a disease where lesions are normal. The formation of new lesions is normal even when taking the Disease Modifying Drugs. They MAY slow the amount of new lesions.

MS is known as a progressive disease. Each person will have a different experience -- some will have little to no progression, some have a slow progression and some progress more quickly. The drugs only claim to SLOW progression.

Lesions can come and go, with or without drugs.

Closed Thread