It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

Sensitive top teeth and hurting right ear and jaw

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-26-2011, 10:43 PM   #1
sophiekaris08
(female)

sophiekaris08 HB User
Sensitive top teeth and hurting right ear and jaw

Hello,

I have been getting better on the anxiety front. Thank you for those who helped me on here.

Only problem I am having at the moment is for pain.

My top teeth and VERY sensitive and also my eye (right, and sometimes left ) stab and also I have an ear ache.

Is this MS related?

I rang my neuro and he said it could be my trigeminal nerve acting up.

I have heard accupuncture helps with this I have had about 4 sessions so far and have noticed decrease but not in my teeth.

Has anyone had this before? It hurts like mad sometimes. I use a wheat bag on my face and jaw when it hurts.

Thanks,

Sophie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2011, 03:59 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Sensitive top teeth and hurting right ear and jaw

Sophie, it absolutely can be your nerve acting up! TMJ also has many of the same symptoms, thats the tempomandibular joint, and it can be dx by a dentist, specifically an Oral Surgeon...

Anxiety can also play a part in clenching our teeth and even grinding them; which can give you the same symtoms. I often get stressed out at night and without realizing it, start clenching and grinding! I had no idea I was doing this, nor did my husband, but the pain drove me to the dentist where it was dx via Xrays and apparently, the dentist could see where I was wearing down my teeth! He gave me a nightguard to use, which believe it or not, actually took away the pain completely!

Another thing I have experienced, was when I was using Xanax more often- It seemed to give me jaw and tooth pain...again, was it connected to my higher stress levels at the time or was it coincidence? I dont know...but I no longer take Xanax regularly, only now and then, I use the night guard about 2 or 3 nights a week, and the pain is gone...

You might want to have your dentist check you out as well, this could very possibly not be MS related but stress related.
Nikki

Old 01-27-2011, 06:01 AM   #3
janewhite1
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Sensitive top teeth and hurting right ear and jaw

I don't have MS, but I get those sorts of pain in my face, and it seems to be caused by a spasm of my cheek muscles, connected to spasms of the neck muscles.

Gently stretching my jaw open tends to help a little.

Closed Thread