It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

Missing meds for week

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2011, 11:09 PM   #1
Merryca
(female)

Merryca HB User
Missing meds for week

Hi all been a while since i posted, hope everyone is . Heres my question:
My rx pharmacy changed jan first now i have a co pay of 100 dollars instead of 40. So i ordered my meds a on a thursday jan 27th and was told they would be here by monday trhe 31st. Then whammo a big snow storm comes tues (of course no meds delivered monday and that was shot day) and I end up not getting the meds til friday eve 8pm. So i have missed mon, wed, and frid. So I did my shot sat morn (because i work third shift so i do mine in am) felt like crap when i woke so up took tylenol. My question is; am i going to go thru all the flu like crap all over again. sorry for long post.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
catcat
DX:july 2010

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2011, 11:32 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Missing meds for week

Hi there. You shouldnt go through the same type of problems; however it may take a shot or two for your body to straighten out. The side effects, if any, should be minimal. Dont allow stress to convince you that you are having them! Anxiety and stress will bring on a whole new slew of issues! Since you are doing shots 3 days a week, Im assuming Rebif? If so, you can call MSlifelines and talk to someone about getting your co-pay lowered. I went thru that about 2 years ago and they lowered mine from 100$ to 50$, this after I was paying 25$ for the previous 2 years....its worth talking to them about...

Youll be fine. Be brave and get back on schedule! Things like this happen. I went into the hospital for surgery a year ago and thought Id be back out before shot day, complications arose and I was there and missed 2 shots...the hospital wouldnt give them to me, since the Neuro wasnt the reason that I was admitted for surgery...on my first day home I did my shot asap, felt awful for a day and by the time the next shot was due, was back on schedule and feeling fine. Mind over matter, ok?

Nikki

The Following User Says Thank You to MSNik For This Useful Post:
Merryca (02-06-2011)
Old 02-06-2011, 01:04 AM   #3
Merryca
(female)

Merryca HB User

thanks MSNIK. I am actually feeling a bit better. I know now when the temptation to skip meds comes around (and im sure it will) to hold sted fast and stick with it because i could sure tell the difference from not taking it in just one week , so i have that to rem that this med (rebif) is actually doing me some good and for it to continue to do its job i have to stay on track.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
catcat

Old 02-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

MerryCa-
Glad you are feeling better. Yes, you will have days/ weeks when you really want to skip your shots. After 5 years doing them, there are times when I break down and cry over the fact that I feel like a pin cushion. Its a minor crisis, which usually passes as soon as I do the shot! But there are times, when you really want to say "enough!"
Dont let that happen....stick with the program and that feeling will pass. You had no choice, with having to wait for delivery, but when you do have a choice, make sure you choose wisely!
Its the only thing we can do to control our MS and not allow it to control us! remember that...

Hugs,
Nikki

The Following User Says Thank You to MSNik For This Useful Post:
Merryca (02-09-2011)
Old 02-06-2011, 01:34 PM   #5
tubajim
(male)

tubajim HB Usertubajim HB User

Merryca! - We started Rebif about the same time I recall you clearly. So sorry to hear about pharmacy issues - I have been VERY fortunate. Early on I was asked to take a two week break - so I have a few "extra" on hand.

Stay with it - we are halfway around a year! Still lots to learn but Nikki has been riding Rebif for a long time and if we can make good use of it for that long it would be terrific. By that time who knows? Hang in there and good luck with new pharmacy.

Tubajim

The Following User Says Thank You to tubajim For This Useful Post:
Merryca (02-09-2011)
Old 02-09-2011, 01:11 AM   #6
Merryca
(female)

Merryca HB User

thanks all for imput. I am getting back on schedule meds finally arrived at 8pm friday night via ups. I have been having some bouts of fever chills and so on but now i know that the meds are working, because i started to get some of my tremors back and cognitive issues as well with not having the meds. Now that Im back on track (and intend on staying that way). again thanks all

catcat

Closed Thread