HealthBoards (
-   Myositis (
-   -   What kind of specialist should I see? (

mommio2 02-12-2011 10:58 AM

What kind of specialist should I see?
Hi, After much Googling and reading bulletin boards such as this one, I believe I may have polymyocititis (sp?). To make things brief, have been feeling stiff for a few years. Had bouts of difficulty swallowing and shortness of breath about 3 - 4 years ago. 3 weeks ago, woke up with terrible pain which began in one arm and later went to the other. A week later the pain went to my hips and right leg. I can hardly walk and can't stand on my right leg for long. Before this, I was healthy my entire life! I have been to my gp 3times, with no luck. She does not know what it is loses the results of my blood work from one week to the next, etc. Pains are burning and/or sharp. I am dumping my dr and want to go to a specialist. Should I see a neurologist, a rheumatologist, or what? Thanks so much in advance for your help!

janewhite1 02-12-2011 11:25 AM

Re: What kind of specialist should I see?
A rheumatologist might be the best place to start. Before you "dump" your doctor, call the office staff and get the results of all tests that were done. Get physical copies of all medical records related to this condition.

If the bloodwork is missing, the lab where it was done may have copies.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:53 PM.