It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Acrylic allergic reaction ... What now?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-04-2015, 08:04 PM   #1
    Sperduti
    (female)

Sperduti HB User
    Acrylic allergic reaction ... What now?

I was getting my acrylic nails filled for about 3 months until one day after I got them filled, I noticed my cuticles were very itchy. I tried to ignore it but my cuticles also started swelling, and under my nails started pussing with tiny blisters.

After doing research, I realized I may have been having an allergic reaction to the acrylic nails; so I went back to my nail tech to get them soaked off ASAP.

But now I'm extremely sad because I loved my acrylic nails. I have low iron so it's hard for my natural nails to grow long and strong. Is there any other nail enhancement I can put on my nails without getting the reaction? I heard the dipping gel may not cause any reaction. Has anyone tried this before? Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2015, 05:23 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Acrylic allergic reaction ... What now?

HI there. I have had the same thing happen, only mine happens if I use the gel, not the acrylic. Allergies can happen at any time. I have used gel polish without any reaction, but using Gel drip- directly on the nail bed- has resulted in the same thing you described.

Look into SNS nails. Its another protective coating, more like a powder they paint on, which is all natural and doesnt have chemicals in it. I found a salon who does this and its been a blessing! My nails are hard as rocks, like when I used acrylic, but this doesnt have the chemicals which damage your nails.

Youll have to hunt to find a salon who does this- its a relatively new product...you can call the company and ask for the closest location in your city.
    Good luck!

Reply Reply