It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Dark light streak for 3 months on thumb only

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-09-2016, 12:24 PM   #1
    Rani786
    (female)

Rani786 HB User
    Dark light streak for 3 months on thumb only

Hi - does anybody know if this will be subungual melanoma ?...3mnths ago I noticed this very light grey type line down middle of left thumb only - I have no lines any wer else - it is like a pencil mark left which won't rub out ..runs frm top of nail down to the bottom after the cuticle (nothing on the skin after the nail )....should i be worried ?..I am intrigued to find out why it has appeared . The only think low is my iron but I don't think the line is due to tht .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2016, 09:33 PM   #2
    Cindy89
    (female)

Cindy89 HB User
    Re: Dark light streak for 3months on thumb only

Make a quick check with the doctor. It might not be something to worry about but its better to have doctors opinion

Old 02-04-2016, 11:38 PM   #3
    asb1990
    (female)

asb1990 HB User
    Re: Dark light streak for 3 months on thumb only

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rani786 View Post
    Hi - does anybody know if this will be subungual melanoma ?...3mnths ago I noticed this very light grey type line down middle of left thumb only - I have no lines any wer else - it is like a pencil mark left which won't rub out ..runs frm top of nail down to the bottom after the cuticle (nothing on the skin after the nail )....should i be worried ?..I am intrigued to find out why it has appeared . The only think low is my iron but I don't think the line is due to tht .
    Hi Rani,
    have you gotten this checked yet? I have the same thing. I am South Asian female and got one just like the one you described 4 years ago on my left ring finger. I did get it checked but considering my ethnicity and that my grandma and aunt have it, the doctor told me to monitor it. I forgot about it for a while actually, but monitored it from time to time and the gray color got lighter but the band is slightly wider. I am worried about it again and have scheduled an appointment on Monday. Wanted to hear from others who have a similar thing.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:48 PM   #4
    mabuhay42
    (female)

mabuhay42 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rani786 View Post

Old 08-23-2016, 07:50 PM   #5
    mabuhay42
    (female)

mabuhay42 HB User

Hi
    I google it bec I'm having black discoloration on my nails and I was just wondering if you had it checked already. What was the diagnosis and treatment . Hope you are ok

Reply Reply