It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Nail infection/ingrown nail after nail loss

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-22-2016, 11:18 PM   #1
    Serema
    (female)

Serema HB User
    Question Nail infection/ingrown nail after nail loss

I damaged my large toe nail last June, and lost it in September I believe. It had a large lump in it growing back, then a deep ridge, with normal nail behind that. The lump and ridge have finally broken off just short of a normal toenail length.

Several days ago I started experiencing pain in the toe when I was walking. It grew worse. I checked the toe and realized it might be ingrown. I've never had an ingrown nail before, and I had asked people if it looked okay as it grew back. As I was trying to lift the corner, I pulled out a little string of what looked like pus. So I kept messing with it and suddenly it was like something burst, and pus popped out from under my toenail. At this point my toe was red and hot and so painful I could barely tolerate it.

I soaked it, then after it dried I put neosporin on it and wrapped it. Today I can squeeze on the toe and it doesn't hurt at all...the pain has receded to the corner where the nail digs in...but I am throbbing inside my toe. I've had pains like this before with no cause, usually in my fingers, where it feels like the bone is just throbbing. I don't know if this is a coincidence or if I should be concerned. The infection seemed to pop up quickly and was gone just as quickly. It does hurt to bend the toe upward and down. Could it just be trauma from all of this? Or should I just give in and go see my doctor?

~S

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply