It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Not itchy, just incredibly sore

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-10-2016, 03:44 AM   #1
    Crofty83
    (female)

Crofty83 HB User
    Unhappy Not itchy, just incredibly sore

Had my nails done professionally for the first time, and 10 hours later they are starting to hurt immensley No itching, blistering or anything else just I suppose you'd say a burning under the nail, which is starting to make it difficult to even pick anything up, am I being extremely sensitive or is this a possible reaction??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2016, 05:52 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Not itchy, just incredibly sore

Did you have acrylic or gel tips put on your nails? Many people are allergic to either the gel or the glue which is used..the most common reaction to either of these products is swelling around the cuticle and redness. Sometimes itching can acommpany it as well.

If you had tips put on, they do alot of filing to shape the nail- this normally causes some uncomfortable pain the first 48 hours, as the nail bed is aggravated; if this is the case, you wont have any signs which you can see, you'll just feel the soreness....this should go away within 2 days; if it doesnt, its not just aggravated.

Anytime you get your nails done, they are usually filing and sanding your nails, this is "new' to you and you probably didnt expect it....if nothing is physically happening (no redness, swelling or itching) than it should go away in a few days; however, if you start seeing swelling or redness, you might be dealing with an allergy, in which case you want to go back to have them removed. I am not entire certain if you had tips put on or not, but if you did, they would need to be soaked off...

Hang in there for a day or two, it should stop bothering you and then you can enjoy your new pretty nails!

Old 07-10-2016, 07:12 AM   #3
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Not itchy, just incredibly sore

It's very possible....what exactly did you have done?
    q

Reply Reply