It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Nails detach from beds whenever I use nailpolish :(

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-17-2016, 03:35 AM   #1
    toastedmuffins
    (female)

toastedmuffins HB User
    Nails detach from beds whenever I use nailpolish :(

Hi

I have had a problem with my nails now 15 years and no doctor has been able to help me, and just act as if i am wasting their time.
    I like to have nice nails, but now have to keep them very short or unpolished, or they go to wrack and ruin and i can't work it out?

I don't believe I have a fungal infection:
    -the nail plate is ALWAYS healthy, no crumbling etc.
    -only the bed is affected.
    -I have NO PITTING OF THE NAILS , but sometimes get those black splinter looking things.

How it usually happens is when they grow longer, they will look normal, and then one day all of a sudden they hurt at the distal end of the nail, and I suddenly get an area of redness, that soon turns white and the nail will start detaching from the beds.
    The ONLY way i can stop it is to make the nails very short again and let it grow out.

I am so frustrated!
    I cannot wear nail polish it seems.

I have avoided it for over 3 years completely now, and kept my nails short and they have been fine, so i though i might just polish my toe nails red for fun, and have had them continuously polished for a month now.
    I felt this pinprick like pain in the side of my nail bed the other day and said to my husband that i think it is starting again now, so took off my nail poilsh to see a big white bubble under the nail where the pain was.
    All the other nails are still fine.

These bubbles seem to happen in my toe nails like this when i wear polish.

I just don't know what to do now, other than have short nails fir the rest of my life and never wear polish.
    The doctors are just not interested.

I have had no nail polish on my fingers at all, and they are still fine so far although they are only a few millimetres long at the moment.

Last edited by Administrator; 10-18-2016 at 08:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply