It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Toenail Issue - Keeps Returning

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-21-2016, 07:33 AM   #1
    karin102
    (female)

karin102 HB User
    Toenail Issue - Keeps Returning

I have this issue with the big toe on my left foot. It started a couple of years ago and keeps returning once nail almost grown back. I have been to the podiatrist three times and he has taken a culture and examined it and nothing was found. I don't have diabetes, immune system issues, wear open toed shoes 99% of the time and do not use public showers or spas or saunas and do not go to nail salons. At one point in the beginning there was a huge blister like thing that formed under the skin near the cuticle area and it is only on the left side of the toe always.

It is yellowy, with some blue/black crust and it is bit thick and the nail is bit raised.
    The nail was almost grown back and was growing in clean and then the issue started again like previous times.

I have no idea what this is, where it comes from, or what to do about it. Anybody have any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    fungus, infection, toenail