It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Cold Feet and Discolored Nails

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-06-2017, 08:04 PM   #1
    PetuniasProblem
    (female)

PetuniasProblem HB User
    Cold Feet and Discolored Nails

Every night now my feet have been getting freezing cold, specifically my toes. It's not cold in my house, and socks wont even warm up my toes. The lunula on all of my toes are bluish purple. Does anyone have any idea of why this may be happening?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2017, 02:06 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Cold Feet and Discolored Nails

Hi there. Has this happened before, or is this new? There are some vascular (circulatory) things which can cause this to happen. I have Reynaud's Syndrome, which causes my feet to turn white and sometimes sort of blue...it is caused by an autoimmune disease which I also deal with. It always happens to me when I am in the grocery store in the freezer section!

You can talk to your family doctor about this, or you can see a podiatrist; there is a test they can do to tell you if you may have this issue or if it is something else altogether.

Best,
    MSNik

Old 12-27-2017, 10:25 AM   #3
    Moe81160
    (female)

Moe81160 HB User
    Re: Cold Feet and Discolored Nails

Cold feet and nail issues are often symptoms of an underactive thyroid. Good idea to have your thyroid checked, but be sure they do the right tests. Most MDs only do the TSH, one size fits all test ... which is inaccurate. They also need to do the FT4 and FT3 test.

MSNik - I'm reading a book right now that said that Reynaud's is most often caused by eating gluten? Good idea to cut out all gluten for a few weeks... see what happens!

Reply Reply