It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Toenail Issues

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-09-2018, 08:43 AM   #1
    embarrassedtoes
    (female)

embarrassedtoes HB User
    Toenail Issues

So about 2 years ago, I attended an event that halfway through I realized my new shoes were way too tight. The event lasted about 4 hours. A couple weeks later, I damaged my right big toe trying to get out of the backseat of a car. A couple weeks after that, I stubbed the left big toe (donít remember on what). Shortly after, I noticed my right toe nail was looking weird. Then I noticed the left one was looking weird. They were rigged and discolored, and I eventually realized there was a second toenail growing underneath each top nail. I figured this was from the previous damage, wasnít concerned about it, and eventually the top nails came off revealing the second nail. Thought the problem was over. Then I noticed it happening again. No additional damage had occurred. Process repeated itself, and I thought it was done. Now Iím on the 3rd or 4th cycle of this and I have no idea how to stop it. I never wore the original shoes after that first night. I was overweight when this was first happening, but Iíve lost 35 pounds since the first incident and my shoes are fitting properly again. My initial thought is that I should stop wearing nail polish and go without shoes as much as possible, but I donít know that thatís the issue. Also, since my nails looks so gross Iím embarrassed to be in public with them exposed. I have no chronic diseases other than being overweight. Is this an infection? A nutritional deficiency? What should I do? Should I see a podiatrist?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2018, 12:10 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Toenail Issues

I would go see a podiatrist. It is normal for a toenail to grow back to replace a damaged one, but not for this cycle to continue if you have not damaged the nail again. Go see a doctor and see what he thinks. A podiatrist is your best bet.

Reply Reply