It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• After removal, nail growing into nailbed

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-06-2019, 09:21 PM   #1
    Bina89
    (female)

Bina89 HB User
    After removal, nail growing into nailbed

So I had two toenails removed due to trauma, several months apart. The regrowing for the first one seemed to be going well until it got about 2/3 of the way through, where the end third of the toe was slightly raised and the nail grew straight into the nail bed. The X-ray showed that I had a bone spur, so I went ahead and had that filed down but looking at the toe, it still seems like the end is slightly raised so I’m still stressing. Especially since my second toe’s X-ray looked fine but it seems to be doing the same thing as the first one. My doc said that although it doesn’t look like I have a spur for the second toe, there is a slight raise in the bone that can be filed down or the nail can be removed. Looking to make an appointment with another doc for a second opinion but in the meantime, any of you had something like this happen? Any less invasive solutions?

The following user gives a hug of support to Bina89:
    yayagirl (03-07-2019)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2019, 09:09 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: After removal, nail growing into nailbed

Dear Bina,

It is normal for the tip of the toe to appear curved up while the nail is still so short since the tip of the nail normally lays on top of the skin.

You can help the nail grow straight by first making sure that your toes have enough room to have a bit of wiggle room in your shoes.

Then, apply a dab of pure almond oil (easily found at most any health food store) and massage the almond oil into the entire nail and nail bed daily. Do this for all of your nails for fantastic results. Best results show up in two or three weeks of doing this.

Just one or two drops massaged into the nail plate daily will keep the skin smooth so the nail can regrow over it as normal. Almond oil has a small enough molecule to actually enter skin and nails, so this is great for both toe and finger nails. Just massage one drop at a time all the way in so you have no greasy residue on clothes. It also is great for the skin, so smooth any residue right into your hands.

The Following User Says Thank You to yayagirl For This Useful Post:
    esker (03-07-2019)
    Reply Reply