It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Toenail cancer or bruise? Am I crazy!!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-03-2019, 09:03 AM   #1
    LyssAnn95
    (female)

LyssAnn95 HB User
    Toenail cancer or bruise? Am I crazy!!

Hi everyone!! I am a 24 yr old healthy female and I have had this small black spot under my big toenail for approx 6 months...I think. I donít really know how long because I paint my nails. But it started out small and in the middle right side of my nail touching the skin. It was just a black spot. Now today I took off my nail-polish and half of my toenail is black. I did drop a heavy dryer on my toe a couple days ago and it only hurt for an hour or so then it stopped so I donít think it would have caused this to occur? I think back to when I had the random black dot under my nail and itís been a while since I last took my nail polish off so I canít even say how long itís been like this. It doesnít hurt at all though! If it was a hematoma wouldnít it be tender if I pressed on it? Maybe itís toenail fungus? I work at a dog kennel and get water in my boots pretty often. But Iím scared to death itís cancer. My mom passed away from cancer three years ago so it immediately comes to mind because it scares me so much. I made an appointment for the dermatologist for October 10th but I need some reassurance lol or I will worry myself to death until then!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2019, 01:27 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Toenail cancer or bruise? Am I crazy!!

Its highly unlikely it is cancer... cancer of the skin does not usually show up like this...what you are describing sounds exactly like a bruise. Especially if you dropped something heavy on your foot, its likely that it is exactly a hematoma.

A dermatologist can help you..but a podiatrist sees foot problems. You may get referred to one of them; or you might want to see if you can get in with a podiatrist sooner to ease your mind.

Come back and let us know what you find out! I am sure it is nothing.

Old 10-20-2019, 05:00 AM   #3
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User
    Re: Toenail cancer or bruise? Am I crazy!!

No you are not crazy at all. I think you bruised your toenail badly. I broke my finger and it was dark purple or black for a long time. I think it is time to go to the doctor and get a referral to a podiatrist. I am sure you will be fine. Think positive thoughts

Reply Reply