It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Nail fungus + pus + no pain or redness

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-07-2021, 09:54 AM   #1
    OrangeAndMint
    (female)

OrangeAndMint HB User
    Nail fungus + pus + no pain or redness

I see other people have asked questions about nail fungus and pus but they don't seem to be like mine.

I have toenail fungus that I've had for a long time and I've done different things to treat and it gets better and worse. Days ago, one side of the toenail lifted away from the nail bed and I discovered that there was a pus-filled blister under there. The blister popped right away and for a while it looked like just this flat thing, so I hoped it'd cleared out whatever it had to do and it'd go away. It didn't.

I realized that blister keeps trying to fill back up with tiny amounts of pus. I've been trying to keep it as clean as possible and treating it sometimes with rubbing alcohol, sometimes Neosporin, and when it didn't clear up, I started soaking it three times a day with salt.

I haven't been very worried about it because I used to get infections from ingrown toenails a lot and it isn't even red, swollen, or sore. What I'm concerned about is that it isn't going away.

Have I just not been soaking it long enough or keeping it clean enough? I see people say nail fungus and pus go together but I'm not really sure why. Is it possible for it to go away without the nail fungus being treated?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2021, 11:15 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Nail fungus + pus + no pain or redness

Hi...infection needs to be dealt with asap...and fungus does nee to be medicated because it can spread.
    Have you seen a doctor about both yet?

q

Old 11-07-2021, 01:53 PM   #3
    OrangeAndMint
    (female)

OrangeAndMint HB User
    Re: Nail fungus + pus + no pain or redness

Thank you for answering. Not yet. I am wondering what causes the connection between nail fungus and this kind of infection.

Reply Reply