It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Nails started to grow weird

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-24-2005, 01:13 PM   #1
    KellyKat
    (female)

KellyKat HB User
    Thumbs down Nails started to grow weird

Hi i am new - i have a question. Many years ago i noticed one of my nails was starting to grow weird, it seemed the white part at thhe top was reaching down further on on side. There seemed to be a hard growth on the side of my nail that was pushing it in there and now the nail grows off on an angle, and the hard growth remains to this day. The growth seems like a callous of dry skin almost but doesnt go away, even if i moisturize. The nail stayed like that for many years and i filled the hard part so it did not stick out. Now this problem of hard skin developing on the sides of my nails seems to be spreading to other nails as well. It is causing them to grow abnormally. Some of the hard growths resembled warts so i put wart treatment on them - they have gone down in size but are still there. Any ideas what this may be? Is it fungal? Should i get it checked out - is there anything i can do about it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2005, 05:58 PM   #2
    Marti
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
    Re: Nails started to grow weird

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KellyKat
    Hi i am new - i have a question. Many years ago i noticed one of my nails was starting to grow weird, it seemed the white part at thhe top was reaching down further on on side. There seemed to be a hard growth on the side of my nail that was pushing it in there and now the nail grows off on an angle, and the hard growth remains to this day. The growth seems like a callous of dry skin almost but doesnt go away, even if i moisturize. The nail stayed like that for many years and i filled the hard part so it did not stick out. Now this problem of hard skin developing on the sides of my nails seems to be spreading to other nails as well. It is causing them to grow abnormally. Some of the hard growths resembled warts so i put wart treatment on them - they have gone down in size but are still there. Any ideas what this may be? Is it fungal? Should i get it checked out - is there anything i can do about it?
    It doesn't sound like a fungus infection which generally attacks from the free edge and causes the nail plate to lift from the nail bed. I would see your physician.

Closed Thread