It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Dark spot starting to show

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-27-2005, 11:49 AM   #1
    Briteyes2
    (female)

Briteyes2 HB User
    Question Dark spot starting to show

I have a dark brownish spot that is comming from under the cuticle (like where the half moon shape is) it almost looks as if I have a blood blister starting to come out... I have not smashed my finger so I do not see why it would be blood..If I push my cuticle back I can see that it does extend back.... of course I cant tell how far but If anyone knows what this may be please Email me..[ please carefully review the posting rules - no emails ]

[ Please read the posting rules which explain that offering or asking off board contact is not permitted. The boards are to be used for on board sharing, only. The email and private message features are turned off so that use of the message boards remain anonymous. The only contact you may make with members is to post on the board. ]

Last edited by moderator2; 04-27-2005 at 12:26 PM. Reason: The only contact you may make with members is to post on the board.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2005, 09:39 AM   #2
    jojo64
    Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User
    Re: Dark spot starting to show

If it doesn't go away get it checked by a doc as something like that could be a form of skin cancer.

Old 04-28-2005, 10:39 AM   #3
    Briteyes2
    (female)

Briteyes2 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jojo64
    If it doesn't go away get it checked by a doc as something like that could be a form of skin cancer.
    How much longer do you think I should wait.. It has been there for over a week now...

Old 05-05-2005, 10:32 AM   #4
    rlopeza46
    (female)

rlopeza46 HB User
    Cool Re: Dark spot starting to show

I've had good results with prescribed Pen-lac. Quite expensive (not covered by insurance). Dark spot was found to have been fungus (acquired at airport last December) It has now migrated to the top edge of the nail and the cuticle and bnottom area are clean. Good luck!

Old 05-08-2005, 07:26 AM   #5
    Sonflower1116
    (female)

Sonflower1116 HB User

I've had a fungus-infected toenail for several years and didn't want to take prescription drugs because of all their negative side effects. About 2 months ago I started rubbing vinegar into the cuticle around the nail twice a day. Recently I also noticed a dark spot emerging from the cuticle area. As my nail is growing, the spot is moving with the new nail growth. I just figured that it has been under the cuticle all the time and will now just grow to the edge as the nail heals. My husband also noticed this dark spot on his fungus- infected fingernail and it is doing the same thing.

BTW, I've read where you can use Purex, vinegar, Listerine, Vicks Vapo-Rub or Tree Tea oil to get rid of nail fungus. It does take at least 6 months for the infected nail to grow out and a healthy nail take its place.

Old 05-17-2005, 11:39 PM   #6
    krisk
    (female)

krisk HB User
    Wink Re: Dark spot starting to show

I think you have the start of nail fungus. That's how mine started several years ago. Try Urea Nail Gel lacquer (prescription). This was just approved by the FDA a month ago and works better for me than Penlac, Sporanox, Diflucan, Lamesil, or regular oral antibiotics. I get no benefit from tea tree oil, Apple Cider vinegar, or Vicks, and those over the counter fungal nail removers don't work. You just end up spending alot of money for nothing. This Urea nail gel might be covered by your insurance. Hope this helps krisk

Closed Thread