It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Solar Tips??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-16-2006, 10:57 PM   #1
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
    Solar Tips??

Does anybody know much about solar nail tips? I would like to get my nails dont and I've heard that solar is less damaging than acrylic tips. My nails are pretty strong now as long as they aren't too long, and when I have gotten acrylics and took them off myself (ouch!) they were a little weak at first, but back to normal in 2 weeks or so! So.. I'd consider my nails to be pretty strong, but is solar really worth the extra cost?? And do they look a lot different?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2006, 10:13 AM   #2
    Marti
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
    Re: Solar Tips??

If you want to see what REAL Solarnails look like, you can visit my website [url]www.hooked-on-nails.com[/url] and check out the 'photographs' page. (Link approved by Moderator 1)

I will tell you this though, Solarnail is a PRODUCT made by Creative Nail Design Systems and includes Original Solarnail Liquid, Radical Solarnail, Retention + and Moki Liquids. The powders these liquids are mixed with are called Perfect Powders. The 'real' solarnail does create strong, flexible, thin nail enhancements that will not damage your natural nails as long as the technician does not over-file your natural nail plate during preparation, does not crack off any loose or lifted material during a fill appointment and does not apply the nails longer than your lifestyle and nail plate shape will allow.

There is really no such thing as Solar Tips, and if the salon is spelling the name of the nails as "Solar Nails" and not "Solarnail", then you may not be getting the REAL thing. Check out my website before you decide to get your nails done, then look for a Top Quality Salon (according to the link on my website.)

Last edited by Marti; 01-17-2006 at 10:18 AM.

Old 01-19-2006, 04:52 PM   #3
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Thanks for the info.. did you mean the "NAHA photographs" page? I probably read wrong about saying it was solar tips.. but I don't think it was the same thing b/c I think it did say Solar Nails as two words. I'll have to go check up on that though.. not really sure!

Old 01-22-2006, 09:31 AM   #4
    Marti
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User

Solar nails is not the correct spelling - it is ONE word and will be prominently displayed as such on the bottles of liquid and powder.

Closed Thread