It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Fungal Homeopathic Approach?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-16-2006, 09:34 PM   #1
    LKeeney70
    (female)

LKeeney70 HB User
    Fungal Homeopathic Approach?

I noticed my nail was looking deformed months ago and it just never clicked that I may have fungus (eww!). Of course I thought only unclean people get that. Imagine my surprise when I finally realized I had it! I thought I was going to go to the Dr., get a Lamisil prescription and all would be right with the world. Well, that's not what happened. I'm not even sure why I wasted my time at the Dr. to be honest. He was not helpful at all. First he suggested OTC medicine, which I countered with "But I thought that was useless". He told me it's about 20% effective. He then mentioned Penlac which can be about 30% effective. That's not great odds either & I'm actually having to get it preauthorized through my insurance right now and still don't have it OK'd for payment...so I haven't been able to get it. The last medicinal route he mentioned was the Lamisil, but he said it's only up to 70% effective and very hard on the liver - I'd have to be monitored while on it. In the end, after 6 mos. if all else fails...permanent removal of the nail could be an option. (he tells me we don't need our toe nails because we don't climb trees). He really acted like I was a nut for even coming in with such a disgusting & small problem. At this point, I figured I've got nothing to lose (except maybe a nail in 6 mos. if I can't figure something out) - so I went to a Homeopathic Dr. in town and he gave me something called Traumeel which he insists will clear this up - BUT he said, "it will take a long time, at least one month or maybe two." I said "Are you kidding? Two months? That's nothing compared to the other treatments." It cost me a little over $7 for the tube. The apt. cost a bit more, but he treated me for more than just the fungus. When you go to a Homeopath...you get your full hours worth. Anyway...the ointment isn't even listed as a fungal treatment, but it has a lot of healing herbs in it and he swears by it. I don't know for sure that it will work, but I'm giving it a shot. He says to put it on 3 times per day to all affected toes, let dry for a bit then put socks over the toes. My infection apparently isn't all that bad compared to some...he said in a month it should all be cured. Apparenly he had an older gentleman with a much worse case who cleared up in two months. If it does clear, I'm sure I'll keep applying it for while after just because I'm so afraid of having this forever...but I wanted to pass this info on. For $7 you can't go wrong and I have found you can buy it right here on the internet or you can probably find it at your nearest Homeopathic Dr. office if you have one. Good Luck...nothing to lose! I'll post back in a month or so with my results just so you all know.

Last edited by LKeeney70; 02-16-2006 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Change title

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread