It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Thinline down right index finger ?worried

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-04-2006, 08:53 PM   #1
    CodyJ
    (male)

CodyJ HB User
    Thinline down right index finger ?worried

I have a thin line down both my right index finger and my left thumb. I should also say that im am a white fair skin 22yr old male. The line down my right index finger seems to have a very small freckle where it begings(which is in the white part of the nail). The lines on both my right finger and left thumb are very faint grey and are almost 2mm in width. The borders are not 100% defined but it hard to exactly tell because there so faint. I am in the process of recieving my health insurance so it could be about 2-3 weeks before i see a doctor. ANy help would be great. SIncerly Cody

Last edited by CodyJ; 08-04-2006 at 08:54 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2006, 05:56 AM   #2
    chopsky
    (male)

chopsky HB User
    Re: Thinline down right index finger ?worried

I have the exact same problem. Im also a 22 year old male and have 2 thin faint grey lines running vertically along both my index finger nails. I dont have any so-called 'freckle' though.
    I would also like to hear others thoughts on this.

Old 08-11-2006, 06:01 PM   #3
    CodyJ
    (male)

CodyJ HB User

Since i didnt really get any responses here i will make my own responses and let other people know what my doctor says on wednesday. So if anyone else has this problem il let you know what my diagnosis is on wednesday. Hope maybe I can help someone here since nobady could help me.

Old 08-12-2006, 03:41 PM   #4
    chopsky
    (male)

chopsky HB User

awesome. thanks! my appointment is only for 2 weeks time! Would love to know what your doc says though

Old 08-13-2006, 07:43 AM   #5
    Marti
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User

The "freckle" could very well be a nail mole in the matrix. This would also cause the line that runs from the mole all the way down the vertical center of the nail forward of the mole or freckle.

You are right to see your doctor. Nail moles can be malignant, so they are nothing to mess with.

Sometimes the moles are deeper into the matrix and cannot be seen in the leading edge of the matrix (the white half-moon at the base of the nails.) Thhe matrix runs deep under the skin and back toward the knuckle and the mole can be under this area and not seen.

Old 08-17-2006, 09:32 AM   #6
    chopsky
    (male)

chopsky HB User

CodyJ, any news?

Old 08-17-2006, 06:03 PM   #7
    CodyJ
    (male)

CodyJ HB User

Yes sorry i didnt respond sooner. My lines are very faint and on multiple nails. Which is a positive and negative in his eyes. If it was confined to one finger and darker it would seem to be possible melanoma. So I had to go to a lab and get some blood drawn. And im also having some kinda ultra sound done its called a renal u/s. They want to look at my kidneys and gallblader. So theres still no definite answer but i should be getting the results from my bllod test any day now. I have my ultra sound on the 24th see anthoer dermatologist on the 25th. And see my regular new doctor again on the 29th. So im still unsure at this point. I will let you know what the doctor says about my blood when they call. Hope this helped.

Old 08-21-2006, 05:49 PM   #8
    chopsky
    (male)

chopsky HB User

ok thanks.
    keep us informed

Old 10-13-2006, 07:13 AM   #9
    livvysrangel
    (female)

livvysrangel HB User

I also have a dark vertical under my forefinger. I've had it for 4 years this week. I am going for a biopsy this next Friday, the 20th. It hasn't changed at all, but I've been worried. It's not part of my cuticle either. Please let me know what your Dr. comes up with.

Closed Thread