It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• I stubbed and cracked my left big toenail

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-21-2006, 11:19 PM   #1
    static_
    (male)

static_ HB User
    I stubbed and cracked my left big toenail

At work I was merchandising the store about a month ago, and upon pulling one of the heavy tables across the floor I stubbed and cracked my left big toenail, about halfway up the white half moon portion of the nail. There was slight cracking on the surface, and it bled for a bit, but since then, there has been no pain or bleeding. The portion that cracked, lifted slightly, so I clipped it off the other night to minimise snagging on fabrics, and there seems to be a fresh nail underneath.

I'm wondering if it will grow back without problems, and if there is anything I should do to help the process. Right now it looks as though there is a chunk missing out of the surface layer of my nail, revealing another underneath.

What do you think about it, and what do you think I should do??

Thank you SO much for your help!

Kevin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2006, 05:50 PM   #2
    Marti
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
    Re: I stubbed and cracked my left big toenail

The nail plate is comprised of three main layers; the one that touches the nail bed, the one in the center and the one on the surface. What you are seeing underneath is the deepest layer; the one you injured was the uppermost layer. The only waythe nail will never grow again is if you have it surgically removed at the root.

Closed Thread