It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Ingrown Toenails!!!!!!!!!!! Owowowowow!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-25-2007, 08:07 PM   #1
    abadee8
    (female)

abadee8 HB User
    Exclamation Ingrown Toenails!!!!!!!!!!! Owowowowow!

HELP! i both of my big toenails are ingrown. I pick them off, but when they grow back again, they still dig into my toe. they hurt a lot, and I am scared that they will get really bad. I even went to the dr. and he had nothing for it because I had just picked it off, so it wasn't bad. am i going to have to pick them for the rest of my life, or will they resolve themselves???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2007, 08:17 PM   #2
    FromSqueaky
    Inactive
    (female)

FromSqueaky HB User
    Re: Ingrown Toenails!!!!!!!!!!! Owowowowow!

In my case I have to cut them out at least every 6 weeks. I have very deep cuticles on my toes which makes it hard to dig out. I have to cut away some of my skin on my big toes. While this sounds painful its not cause the skin has become thick, and tuff with no feeling in it. I use to get a pedicure but after my friend who owned the salon sold it and moved away I did not trust another. I learned how to do it myself. I bought all the proper tools and do it after I get out the shower so that the skin is easier to cut and the skin around the nail is easier to move. If you maintain it every 4 weeks there is less nail to cut and the pain is greatly less.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:08 PM   #3
    abadee8
    (female)

abadee8 HB User

Thanks. My dr said to just leave it alone and it would grow out, but I did and it got really bad. I will try cutting it like you said.

Old 05-13-2007, 05:08 PM   #4
    arlmon18
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

arlmon18 HB User

I had ingrown toenails and had to go to the podiatrist many times to have them cut out. He told me that the only way I would get rid of this problem was to destroy the roots. I didn't want to do it, but in the end, I did and I've never had ingrown toenails since. The procedure didn't hurt at all - I was frozen (that didn't hurt either). It was very expensive, but worth every penny.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:51 AM   #5
    1sunny1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

1sunny1 HB User1sunny1 HB User

I also went to a podiatrist and had mine cut out, and it did not hurt at all, they freeze the area so you don't feel a thing. I am so glad I did this, it has been years and I have never had a problem since, it is well worth it to have it done.

Closed Thread