It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Separating nails from Center of nail bed

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-14-2007, 11:35 PM   #1
    shandawade
    (female)

shandawade HB User
    Separating nails from Center of nail bed

I am a nail tech. who only does my nails and 2 friends nails now. I am very clean I use a new fill on me and my friends as to not have cross contaminating. I hadnt had nails on in 2 weeks so I put a new set on the next day It looked like they had lifted in the center of the nails. Which I thought was strange because I had never seen that. Later that week I took one nail off to replace it and found out I was wrong it was my nail separating from the nail bed. Now 1st I know that if it were a nail fungus it wouldn't have hit all my nails on the same day and literally over night. I have been using the same product for 2 mths I had changed products prior. Please Help I am freaking wondering why my nails are doing this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2007, 05:13 AM   #2
    Marti
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
    Re: Separating nails from Center of nail bed

You may be suffering from an allergic reaction or you may have a thyrod problem that is appearing in this manner. When persons with thyroid problems wears artificial nails, the natural nail tends to separate from the nail bed; usually in the center. Have your thyroid checked and take off the nails.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:50 PM   #3
    shandawade
    (female)

shandawade HB User

Thanks so much. I had a thyroid test come back at the ER as elevated Dec of 06 and never had it checked by my Dr. I had honestly forgot about it. So I made an app. with my Dr. after reading your reply. I removed my nails last night before I had e-mailed you. Why does your thyroid lift when you have on artificial nails I am very curious to know????? Again thanks!

Old 10-16-2007, 05:07 AM   #4
    Marti
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User

Your anti-bodies see the overlay as a threat to your health and in an effort to 'get away' from the threat, the nails will separate from the nail bed. You will never be able to wear nails as long as you have thyroid problems. The same holds true of persons that have to take cancer drugs. That's why nail technicians should always have their clients fill out a 'client form' so they can find out what type of health problems they have.

Closed Thread