It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Please HELP with black spot on nail!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-24-2007, 03:44 PM   #1
    Nightsilencer
    (male)

Nightsilencer HB User
    Please HELP with black spot on nail!

Hello everyone, I'm 23 years old, male, and caucasian. Don't know if my vitals are important, but I felt they might be. I have had toenail fungus since i was 15, maybe earlier, and just recently I decided to take care of it, and started looking for treatments. But my focus suddenly changed when I read some posts about black spots on toenails, and when I read they might be serious, I stopped worrying about fungus, and now all I can think about is this spot I think it appeared 1-2 weeks ago, probably earlier, but not much. I haven't had any kind of trauma to the toe (it's the pinky toe from my right foot. Oh,and by the way, the nail is brown in colour and a bit deformed, due to the long-running presence of the fungus.). I ocasionaly walk/run on the treadmill, but not very frequently, sometimes once a week, sometimes more, sometimes even less. I heard this could be from the stress of running or fast paced walking, and it might cause internal bleeding in the toe. But if this is true, would it hurt in any way? I feel no pain, and I believe the spot is definitely under the nail plate. Is this kind of spot always a bad sign? Can it be something harmless? I am very worried, like some people around here, I'm a serious hypochondriac, and I can't take my mind off this. I'm really worried
    I know I should go to a doctor, but my parents think i'm overreacting, but I'm going to dermatologist next week I think. But please, tell me, is this always a bad sign? And also, could sometimes black spots be caused by fungal infection? Remember, I've had fungus for years, and I think the pinky toe on my right foot was the first to become infected.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2007, 05:56 PM   #2
    Marti
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
    Re: Please HELP with black spot on nail!

You may have a hematoma or you may have a bacterial infection along with a fungal infection. You realy need to see your dermatologist for a proper diagnosis and prescription. Letting the fungus go untreated can allow it to progress all the way to the matrix and the nails will basically fall off. If the fungus compromises the matrix where the nail plate cells are born, you might not grow nails anymore.

Closed Thread