It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• how to stop itching from acrylic nails

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-22-2008, 01:58 PM   #1
    denise9
    (female)

denise9 HB User
    how to stop itching from acrylic nails

how to stop itching from acrylic nails..right around my cuticles itches for the first 3 days after having my nails filled or a full set put on...it just started about 2 yrs ago

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2008, 10:14 AM   #2
    Marti
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
    Re: how to stop itching from acrylic nails

Yuo are experiencing an allergic reaction to the nail products. ALL artificial nail products are made from the same family of acrylates. This includes, but is not limited to, traditional liquid and powder acrylic, gel acrylic, wrap resins, nail glues, primer, etc. If you are showing signs of allergic reaction with your current product, you will experience the same reaction from all the others. Once allergic, we are allergic for life. Allergic reaction only occurs after years of overexposure to the products touching your skin. If the technician allows wet product to touch your skin, applies the product too wet or uses her wet brush to clean up around the cuticle, she has exposed your skin to the monomer (liquid). YOur skin will absorb the excess liquid and the end result is an allergy to acrylates. Once allergic, we are allergic for life!

You will need to soak off the enhancements and opt for natural nail care. I know this is not what you want to hear. If you continue to wear them, the skin reaction will only get worse with each application. It can change from itching to an itching, burning nail bed, blisters on the skin and the nailplate separating from the nail bed - sometimes permanently.

Please visit my website to read about Allergic Reaction: [url]www.hooked-on-nails.com[/url] (link approved by Moderator 1)

Closed Thread