It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Toe Nail Damaged several months ago is now falling off

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-06-2008, 02:15 AM   #1
    Reidan
    (male)

Reidan HB User
    Toe Nail Damaged several months ago is now falling off

My big toe nail was damaged back in August when my son rammed my foot with a RC car going about 30 miles per hour. Shortly after the injury the nail developed a deep purple bruise that is slowly growing out to the tip of the toe. Been about 4 months since the injury and now it has reached the end of the toe. So it seems as if the nail plate is stil healthy since it is growing.

Tonight I cut my nails and removed the last remaining bit of "normal" nail. Now the nail seems to be just barely hanging on. It seems like it is still attached to the cuticle area (is that the nail plate?). I am afraid that it will get caught on something and will rip and damage the nail and prevent it from growing back normally. I am also afraid to try and cut it myself and causing damage. To make matters worse, I was recently diagnosed with Diabetes and foot health is a major issue with Diabetics.

Could a manicurist do this for me, or do I need to see a doctor? Would I need to see a Podiatrist or just a general MD?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2008, 06:12 AM   #2
    Marti
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
    Re: Toe Nail Damaged several months ago is now falling off

Nail technicians are not allowed by law to work on damaged, injured or otherwise 'unhealthy' nails. I would see your podiatrist.

Closed Thread