It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Smashed toe

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-30-2008, 10:59 AM   #1
    dsaewq
    (male)

dsaewq HB User
    Smashed toe

I smashed my toe a few years ago, it turned purple and the nail came off and it grew back really slowly.

The nail will grow all the way, but the pink part stops halfway up the toe. It has stopped growing.

It looks like, after the midway point where the pink part stops, the nail is raised above the toe and not actually touching the toe. Which I guess that's why it's not attaching to the toe.
    Is there any procedure that can fix this? Surgery or anything? I'm really self-conscious about it.

And for some reason the toenail grows straight, but it grows thicker now and is kinda dome shaped and I have to file it down for it to be flat. Is that normal? Why is it growing like that now?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2008, 05:28 AM   #2
    Marti
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
    Re: Smashed toe

You may have damaged the nail bed, which is why it isn't growing in attached from that portion forward. If it didn't heal within the first 6 months, it will always be the way it is now. There is no surgical way to make the nail plate re-attach to the underlying nail bed.

Closed Thread