It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• nail fungus

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-03-2009, 11:06 AM   #1
    ashy88
    (female)

ashy88 HB User
    nail fungus

OKay I have been dealing with nail fungus or something for a year now.
    I have been using vicks vapor rub,the doctor told me to put plastic wrap around it, so I did..It didn't work...
    A year later, I no longer had a toenail on my big toe, but the skin is flaky. I am assuming this is the fungus?
    What should I use, should I go back to the doctor? I called today but she isn't in, but she will call me tomorrow. I am becoming frustrated like so many others. I am afraid it will spread to my other toenails or even my fingernails if I touch it.
    If I wash my hands afterwards and use hand sanitizer my fingernails should be safe and free of fungus right?
    My other big toenail seems to be white in the corner, but its not noticable...my mother told me to keep an eye on it. the rest of the toenail looks like a light purple color [ I'm very pale ] so I am wondering if that is just noramal..you can only notice the white spot when you go in bright lights...I am paranoid...as you can see.

I sanatize all my other nails with alcohol and then I put alcohol on my infected tonail...to dry it out..not sure if thats what I am suppose to do or not. Um, I heard using monistat cream can help cure it....so i started using that on my toe with no toenail...and it became vry itchy. I wrapped it in plastic wrap so the cream wouldn't get on anything.

I just want this goooone. I am only 20 years old...and it;s sooo embarrassing. what to do, what to dooo!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2009, 09:07 AM   #2
    ashy88
    (female)

ashy88 HB User
    Re: nail fungus

Anybody have their input or anything?

Old 08-20-2009, 05:29 AM   #3
    Marti
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User

What???????????? Plastic wrap will keep the area moist and that is just what the infection needs to keep producing more spores. You need to keep it clean and dry. Please try Dr G's for fungus. You will need to use it daily according to the instructions and for up to a full year to be sure all the spores are 'dead'. Did you see a podiatrist?

Old 09-12-2009, 09:57 PM   #4
    Executor
    Inactive
    (male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marti View Post

Please try Dr G's for fungus. You will need to use it daily according to the instructions and for up to a full year to be sure all the spores are 'dead'.
    Do you recommend Dr G's "clear nail" or Vite20?

Thxs,

Ex

Old 09-13-2009, 07:43 AM   #5
    Marti
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User

I have recommended Dr. G's for many years. Used according to directions, it will work. That's the 'key' - it has to be applied according to the directions until the infection has completely healed. This can take from 6 months to a year depending on the severity of the infection.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:56 PM   #6
    Executor
    Inactive
    (male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Quote:

I have recommended Dr. G's for many years. Used according to directions, it will work. That's the 'key' - it has to be applied according to the directions until the infection has completely healed. This can take from 6 months to a year depending on the severity of the infection.
    On Dr. G's site, they sell two products...One is called "clear nail" and the other is called "Vite20." Which do you recommend? When you say "use Dr. G's, I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

I'm gonna make my husband do it, if nothing more so I don't get it.

Thanks,

Ex

Old 09-17-2009, 06:12 PM   #7
    Marti
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Dr. G's Clear Nail. Remember, it won't work if he doesn't use is or doesn't use it correctly.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:34 PM   #8
    Executor
    Inactive
    (male)

Quote:

Dr. G's Clear Nail. Remember, it won't work if he doesn't use is or doesn't use it correctly.
    Thanks Marti! I'll order the Dr. G's clear nail for him.

When you say to use it correctly, any tips? I guess the main thing is to apply it a couple times daily, right?

Regards,

Ex

Old 09-24-2009, 08:31 PM   #9
    Executor
    Inactive
    (male)

While researching the active ingredient (Benzalkonium Chloride) in Dr. G's clear nail that Marti recommended, I came across this old thread. Specifically, the post by "Kovena" (post # 5 in the thread) is very interesting....

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=200311

Regards,

Ex

Closed Thread