It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Toenail fell off for no reason

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-02-2011, 12:47 AM   #1
    Norahlie
    (female)

Norahlie HB User
    Toenail fell off for no reason

Hey all!

I am just curious as to any reason why my toenail would fall off for no reason?

I got out of the shower tonight and noticed that my pinky toenail was just hanging on by a thread. I removed the nail and couldn't find any reason as to why it just came clean off! It didn't hurt at all (well, now it stings a small amount now that the nail bed is exposed, but there was no pain with the nail coming off) and it really seems like the soaking in water loosened the nail tot he point that it came off. It was not discolored or disfigured in any way so I am very positive it wasn't a fungus issue. Also, I work from home and I rarely ever wear shoes and I only go out once or twice a week to run some small errands. So, I really doubt that it was due to any sort of injury either. So, really, I am just dumbfounded as to what caused this to happen suddenly! I stub my toe every once in a while like most people but none of which were memorable or painful enough to link it to this.

The only other reason I can think of is that both of my pinky toes have hammertoe so I've always noticed that my pinky toenails have been very small and never really seemed to grow much at all. So, Im wondering if my hammertoe had anything to do with this more than the other possibilities?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread