It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Allergic to acrylic nail glue!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-19-2011, 09:45 PM   #1
    jinkiezjessica
    (female)

jinkiezjessica HB User
    Unhappy Allergic to acrylic nail glue!

i've been using acrylic nails for a few months now [applying them myself] and i had no problem. when i went to put a new set on i noticed the fallowing day that the skin around my cuticle area was puffy, red, bumpy, and EXTREMELY itchy. i had thought i just applied too much acrylic and i just took off the nails and let them air out but i had had them on for a few days after the reaction, after about 5 days my skin and nails went back to normal. a few weeks later i decided not to risk using the acrylic and just bought full coverage nails and glued them on mine. i was fine for two weeks and then once again i went to put a new set on and it happened all over again. i took them off as soon as all the signs were showing again (today is when it all happened). i read on here that its a reaction to the glue! i understand that but...

my first question is is it safe to still use nail polish on my real nails? i had the nails off for about 3 hrs and i decided to go ahead and just paint my nails. i do expect for my fingers to clear up again within a week and believe me i won't be putting on anymore nails ill just be growing them out naturally but i want to know if i should even have nail polish on. i've NEVER had a problem with that before. [i know i should have thought about that before i painted them! ]

question two; the first time i got a reaction and wasn't really sure what was going on i had left them on for about 3 days after the reaction acurred. it was bad my skin around my fingers even peeled off. my skin grew back BUT i've noticed that under my nails a hard substance is growing....it looks like a nail growing under my nail ?! its the only way i know how to explain it. is this just my nails repairing themselves back to the actual finger because i did notice SOME lifting on a few of my nails. one in particular was pretty bad. now this only happend twice, is it a good chance my nails are healing?! i would NEVER have done it again if i had known it could perminantly lift my nails from the bedding.

hopefully someone gets back to me soon! Thanks!

The following user gives a hug of support to jinkiezjessica:
    pspgirl (11-06-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread