It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Nail injury - swollen flesh protruding from nail bed

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
    frankers76
    (female)

frankers76 HB User
    Nail injury - swollen flesh protruding from nail bed

Hi

I caught my nail in the door and have been left with a hole where the nail has been damaged.
    It broke away in a half moon shape similar to the white bit under the nail and about the same size.
    It left the nail bed exposed so my local minor injury unit put a gel plaster on it
    The next day the nail bed had swollen up through the hole in the nail bed and I now have a little swollen lump of tissue which i presume is the nail bed on the wrong side of my nail!
    its very painful an dgot infected so I was given antibitotics
    3 weeks on its still absolyely no better and the nurse at the hospital isnt helping.

Ive asked to be referred to a hand surgeon to look at it
    Can anyone advise what to expect?

I think it is called granulation tissue and I cant see how it will go back under the nail or the swelling reduce?
    I am terrified of needles and hospitals in general and fear the only way this will get better is if they remove the nail.

can anyone offer any advice?
    And perhaps give me some ideas on how to look after the swollen fleshy bit and manage the pain until i see the surgeon next monday?

thanks ever so much -I am worrying myself sick thinking the worst at the mo! and am in a lot of pain!

thanks all xxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread