It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Dark Spot Under Nail

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
    breadisyummy
    (female)

breadisyummy HB User
    Dark Spot Under Nail

A dark spot that appeared under my toenail was purpley,reddish,blackish. It just showed up one day. I thought it could be a bruise, but I don't recall hitting my toe. Either way, I figured it would just go away. It's now December and the spot appeared in September/October!! It didn't really bother me before, but now it's causing slight discomfort. I noticed it's also starting to lift the toe nail a little bit.

If it helps....I was wearing flats at the time it appeared. Maybe when it rained the moisture caused a fungus to grow..? But, I've been wearing fashion boots for quite a while now, and they feel comfertable but still, like I said, the spot hasn't gone away.

Could someone please help me out?

By the way, how do you post pictures on here because I took some of my toe? They would probably be helpful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
    flamesabers
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
    Re: Dark Spot Under Nail

Hello.

Has the dark spot gotten bigger in the last few months and/or spread to other toenails? I think another possible cause is whether you've worn any footwear that may have been pinching this particular toenail.

I've dealt with several bouts of toenail fungus before and while it caused some of my nails to have an ugly whitish/yellowish color, I never felt any physical discomfort from it. I recommend seeing a doctor to find out what you can do to get rid of this spot. It's possible you may need to apply a topical treatment to your toenail, take a oral anti-fungal medication or maybe just change the socks/footwear you're wearing.

I'm not sure about how to add pictures. I've never done that before on this forum.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
    breadisyummy
    (female)

breadisyummy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by flamesabers View Post
    Hello.

Has the dark spot gotten bigger in the last few months and/or spread to other toenails? I think another possible cause is whether you've worn any footwear that may have been pinching this particular toenail.

I've dealt with several bouts of toenail fungus before and while it caused some of my nails to have an ugly whitish/yellowish color, I never felt any physical discomfort from it. I recommend seeing a doctor to find out what you can do to get rid of this spot. It's possible you may need to apply a topical treatment to your toenail, take a oral anti-fungal medication or maybe just change the socks/footwear you're wearing.

I'm not sure about how to add pictures. I've never done that before on this forum.
    Thanks you!

Old 12-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #4
    breadisyummy
    (female)

breadisyummy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by breadisyummy View Post
    Thanks you!
    Oh yeah and the spot hasn't gotten bigger, but it's causing a weird effect/look to my nail making it a bit harder to get a good look at it lately.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #5
    Merryalto
    (female)

Merryalto HB User

I hope that you have seen a doctor about this dark spot, if it didn't resolve on its own. If you still have it, you definitely should see a dermatologist or podiatrist, because such spots are often melanomas. Hopefully, you went to a doctor months ago or it went away.

Closed Thread

Tags
    dark spots, toe nail