It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Big toenail growing out problem

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-17-2013, 04:46 AM   #1
    glitterglamz
    (female)

glitterglamz HB User
    Big toenail growing out problem

In 2011, my big toe on the left side was having problems. Don't know how exactly it got this way... but I was using an over counter fungal medicine and was putting it over the nail because I thought it was fungus. But then it got infected somehow. I think it was mostly because I probably cut and cleaned my toenail wrong and then the medicine infected it under the skin. It grew out funny and the pain was horrible. I ended up with an injured toe and it always bled and there was pus on the side of the nail. It would hurt to walk and put pressure on it... and it kept growing out like it was ingrown... which I thought it was. Finally after soaking it in epson salt many times and getting on antibiotics it cleared up some. But the nail still does not look normal.. a nail keeps growing out but it detaches from the cuticle but a new nail will already be underneath! The nail is really thick and hard to cut, but it seems that every time an old nail grows out it detaches but a new nail is already underneath so I won't fully have a complete new nail with an old nail still growing out on top. It's kind of weird. I read the thing about "layers" could this be the same thing I have? Doesn't look like I'll ever have a normal nail. It also take eons for the nail to grow it seems.

Last edited by glitterglamz; 06-17-2013 at 04:48 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2013, 04:54 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Big toenail growing out problem

Toe nails do take a longer time to grow out. I suggest you see a podiatrist.

Closed Thread