It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• weird lines under nails.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #1
    jarvin
    (male)

jarvin HB User
    weird lines under nails.

Im 26 years old and recently have been under a lot of stress at school and work. I looked at my nails about 2weeks ago and noticed white and red line on each of my finger nail bed right below the tip. They are not similar to any other pictures of nail disorders online. Im worried it is a serious problem. I have also not been feeling hungry for the past couple days. I dont know if it is linked to my nails or just me being worried about it. Any advice will help thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
    cliffbrowninug8
    (male)

cliffbrowninug8 HB User
    Re: weird lines under nails.

I have looked over many boards over the past 3 years and I get tired of not getting answers, or people telling me it is something it is not but I too have to say I have the same problem and I think if I could figure out the cause I would know where to check for my other problems that I'm dealing with. Mine are thin white/pink lines that go horizontally across the nail and curve in a crescent shape following the shape of the nail. They are the thickness of someone taking a needle or sharp pencil and drawing them on. Not wide like other pictures. I hope we can get an answer

Old 09-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
    jarvin
    (male)

jarvin HB User

I have exactly the same thing. I just had blood work completed and it showed no abnormalities with my blood , thyroid and liver functioning. I was under alot of stress the past few months and found an article stating that this can cause these lines. I have a follow up appointment with the dermatologist in October so hopefully they will conclude that it is stress related. Are they located right before the tip of the nail?

Old 09-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
    jarvin
    (male)

jarvin HB User

Are you lines right under the tip of the end of the nail?

Old 09-17-2013, 12:11 PM   #5
    cliffbrowninug8
    (male)

cliffbrowninug8 HB User

Each nail has a line. Sometimes they are more pronounced or noticeable than other. Sometimes they are just white and sometimes they turn red or a red and white line just bordering each other. They are roughly 80 percent up the nail a little shy of the tip and they go straight across from side to side in a bow following the curve of the nail. They are only the width of a scratch and this is where they don't match any pictures, they do not move or really come and go just more visible at times.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #6
    jarvin
    (male)

jarvin HB User

Are they under the nail or on the nail?

Old 09-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #7
    cliffbrowninug8
    (male)

cliffbrowninug8 HB User

nailbed I believe. ive had these for a long time now so they don't grow out

Old 09-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #8
    jarvin
    (male)

jarvin HB User

I have the exact same problem with my nails and I decided to go get my blood tested for liver functioning, blood test for hiv and other diseases and ut came back that I was healthy and have normal readings. I found an article that states that stress could be the cause of these lines. I asked my mother about the lines and she has them too. I think that they were less noticeable my entire life until I was super stressed out. I have a dermatologist appointment in October and think they will confirm this diagnosis. Ask your rents, if available if they have them too. How old are you?

Old 09-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #9
    cliffbrowninug8
    (male)

cliffbrowninug8 HB User

I am 29. I have other issues also including purple to paler nailbeds, digestion, very little half moons (lunulas) under nails, and a list of other things but I was also told I was fine and it was probably depression. As far as the line I have seen other people post about it but the posts go nowhere.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #10
    jarvin
    (male)

jarvin HB User

Yeah same here man. I was stressed about it everyday after my bloodwork I stopped worrying about it and they are slowly going away. My best advice would be to stop Googleing diagnosis. I was convinced I had hiv and hep c because of my nail problems. lol, looking back I was just paranoid and acting ridiculous. I dont think they are an issue at all just related to stress. It might be just herititory also because my mom has the same thing and I read another article that said it could appear getting older.

Closed Thread