It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Damage to Lunula

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #1
    surfergirl23
    (female)

surfergirl23 HB User
    Damage to Lunula

I recently got a pair of gel nails and hated them so much that I tried to get them professionally taken off but was turned away. So I came home and tried to file them down but that only seem to get the middle off and not the sides. So, then I started using a pair of small, sharp pliers to peel them off. And that worked really well until I got to the last nail, which was the thumb. It was especially tricky to get off and I thought that I was peeling off the fake nail but was actually ripping my nail open, way down on the lunula. So I stopped, put on some polysporin and a band-aid and left it overnight. I haven't checked it yet but was just wondering if this will effect my nail growth? Will it ever grow back normal again? Is there anything I can do to save/help it? Or should I just go to the doctor? Help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    nail problems