It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• multiple toenail surgeries

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-06-2014, 01:35 AM   #1
    loveboat25
    (female)

loveboat25 HB User
    Question multiple toenail surgeries

so tired of toe troubles. 2 surgeries for curved in toenail, on right big toe, those were both successful. Now, for months, having so much pain under whole nail. Biopsy shows scar tissue has developed s a result of traumatic injury, and now doc wants to lift whole nail plate, to see the extent of the damage, and I guess try to clean out the scar tissue? It is so painful, I can't let it touch the matress, so it keeps me awake, and now even wearing a sock is bothering it. the tissue has grown out from beneath the top of the toenail now, and ouch!!!!! II just dread having to get the pain of those needles a third time...I honestly don't think I can. I had the left toe done 2 years ago for the curve in nails, so this would be surgery number 5! Would they put you in the hosp an give you twilight sleep maybe? I just don't know if I can do it again, but the pain continues to worsen, and nothing helps, foot soaks bring very brief relief, but not much, hurts just to dry it of then. HELP!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2014, 08:47 AM   #2
    Seraph
    Facilitator
    (female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
    Re: multiple toenail surgeries

I can relate - my toenails have made my life a misery for years. Now I have a wonderful podiatrist who can stop the pain with skilful trimming. Go and have your op..take a good dose of painkiller about 6 hours before and another dose 1-2 hours before. It does help a lot. Focus on a pain-free result. Good luck, Sera

Closed Thread

Tags
    pain, scar tissue, toenail damaged nail