It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Fingernail Fungus?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-20-2014, 03:53 PM   #1
    robbyrob
    (male)

robbyrob HB User
    Fingernail Fungus?

I believe i have fingernail fungus. Thing is everything I have ever read is about the toes or feet. I have this on my fingernails. I started on my thumb and then moved to my other hand. I know have 3 fingers infected. it started out like really white, than the nail has gotten thick and like flaky. It was really bad but I started hitting it with tea tree oil and the white has left a little but the nail still looks ruff. The really white parts are close to the cuticle.

This has been driving my crazy. I believe i got this because I use to have athletes foot and this are the fingers that I would constantly scratch the area between my toes with when I would get those crazy itches!

I cant post pics to show you guys or links as it just **** them out but just picture a nail that has gotten white, thick, flakly, slight yellowish and really white weird texture close to the cuticle.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2014, 04:25 PM   #2
    flamesabers
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
    Re: Fingernail Fungus?

Hello,

What you described sounds like the toenail fungus I've dealt with. The most effective remedy I've found is getting a prescription for lamisil. The trouble is, even after the lamisil kills off the fungus, it seems to come back a number of months lately. If you want to try lamisil, your doctor may want to run a blood test first as lamisil can be hard on your liver.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:48 PM   #3
    robbyrob
    (male)

robbyrob HB User
    Re: Fingernail Fungus?

flamesabers thanks for your reply. I believe that medication is not an option as I have a fatty liver due to my weight. it seems that this point my only help would be laser treatment.

Closed Thread