It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Nail Problems Message Board

• Blackish Blue Toes -> remove them?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-06-2014, 09:54 PM   #1
    dudewiththetoes
    (male)

dudewiththetoes HB User
    Blackish Blue Toes -> remove them?

I don't know if this is the right forum since there were so many topics, but here we go anyways. I'm normally a barefoot hiker but recently I tried hiking with boots that were a bit small. The hike was 5+ hours, so my feet were in bad condition for a day or two. Both my big toes are black/blue.

I've had blood under my toenails before (done the same thing a couple times before), but I've never had more than half the nail black. I just let my body do its thing, took a few months for the part of the nail with the blood under it to grow off so I could clip and wa-la, back to normal.

But this time around, my toes are entirely black. They DON'T hurt, but they are sensitive, but less so every day–the pain was only for the first day or two. What I'm worried about now is possibly some sort of infection. I REALLY don't want to go have my nails pulled off, but if there's a large chance of infection, I guess there's no question about it...

But I'd only be getting them removed in case of infection, my toes are fine, no pain. Sure, my nails will take 6-9 months to grow out before their back to normal, but that's just the visual. I just want to know if I need to go in to get them removed, but I really don't want to-seems like a terrible process and the result does not look fun to deal with at all.

P.s. The left is worse than the right. (left foots bigger than the right, go figure)

Last edited by Administrator; 10-08-2014 at 12:40 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply