It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board

• Am back, with new symptoms

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-24-2016, 08:50 PM   #1
    chooky01
    (female)

chooky01 HB User
    Am back, with new symptoms

G'day all...
    Has been about 2 years since being in the M.S boards, hope you're all doing well
    I previously was here with symptoms they thought could be M.S, due to demylination, multiple lesions on my brain that were too numerous for someone of my age, was 43 at the time, numbness, palsy in face, pins and needles, cramping limbs etc, alot of symptoms were put down to my thyroid at the time because my numbers were way low, too low. They also said it was small veins in my brain.
    Now I am having more symptoms, three bouts of what my neuro describes a atypical TN, pressure in my rib area, more pins and needles, more slight palsy type numbness in face, left leg cramps, buzzing under sole of left foot noticible more when at rest or after a walk, (regardless of shoes on or off), and the other day for just over an hour the side of my left foot, along the left side of my sole up to my ankle went numb and felt like I was walking on a cushion..oh, not to mention still having the usual memory problems, usually short term memory, and problems relaying information because of this..I have no doubt in this post that I will be forgetting something also sigh.
    This time around my thyroid, after treatment is perfectly normal now, I dont have high cholesterol, blood pressure is normal, only problem is iron defficient, am now on iron tabs for that.
    My question is, I know small vessel conditions, which they said my last "episode" was due to that even though they thought possible M.S, can be confused with M.S, or mistaken for M.S, but can they mistakingly dx lesions to small vessels when they are actually M.S?
    All my scans showed lesions common with M.S areas on the brain, but my spinal tap was negative for O bands but high in some protene or something like that.. other MRI scans did not show active lesions though. I am just wondering if small vessel lesions can cause these symptoms also, or maybe they got it wrong?
    Am currently awaiting results of new MRI due to another ATypical bout of what my neuro said was TN

Anyone with any knowledge no this stuff would be appreciated
    Chooky (Lee)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2016, 09:00 PM   #2
    chooky01
    (female)

chooky01 HB User
    Re: Am back, with new symptoms

Sorry, should've I put this post on the M.S boards?
    Maybe I'll do that, if no luck here

Old 03-31-2016, 05:53 AM   #3
    lala52
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

Have you thought about Lyme disease? Your symptoms sound like it. You need to get your blood tested at a lab called igenix in California. That lab is the best lab for Lyme. Google them and call them. If you need any other info you can send me a private message.

Old 03-31-2016, 01:21 PM   #4
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Hi Chooky . Welcome back. You probably would get some answers on the MS board as well, but I found you here.,
    You asked "can they mistakingly dx lesions to small vessels when they are actually M.S? All my scans showed lesions common with M.S areas on the brain, but my spinal tap was negative for O bands but high in some protene or something like that.. other MRI scans did not show active lesions though. I am just wondering if small vessel lesions can cause these symptoms also, or maybe they got it wrong? Am currently awaiting results of new MRI due to another ATypical bout of what my neuro said was TN"

First of all, lesions cannot be confused with small vessels. They neither look the same or do the same thing and a radiologist can tell the difference- even a bad one. HOWEVER, this does not mean that you cant have both. The statistics right now are 20% of MSers do not have a positive spinal tap. I have had 4 spinal taps in my life, all of them negative, but I have over 100 lesions on my brain and I most definately have MS. 20% of the world falls into my category- so the fact that your LP showed nothing- is good. You ruled out brain infections which also mimic MS.... The fact that it did show that you were high in proteins could mean that you have an autoimmune disease, but it cannot be conclusive for anything in particular. a spinal tap simply rules out infections of the cerebral spinal fluid- brain infections- meningitis or PML- nothing more than that.

A MRI can change from week to week and month to month- what might have been too small to see a few months ago, may very well show up this time. It will be interesting to hear if your films changed since the last time.

Please keep us posted!

MSNik

Reply Reply