It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board

• 4 year old with recurrent leg pains

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-10-2017, 03:36 PM   #1
    Amanda802
    (female)

Amanda802 HB User
    4 year old with recurrent leg pains

Hi all -
    My 4 year old son has been having problems with his legs - I'll try to condense the story.

Only past history prior to the last month is a few nights where he would wake up crying saying his legs hurt, within the last year.

Last month he woke up unable to walk. After a myriad of tests and a hospital stay he was diagnosed with viral myositis. He had had a fever for 4 days before he woke up unable to walk. Fever went away and 2 days later he was walking fine. His labs from this stay were mostly normal except for high CK levels 1500 ish I believe. Ck dropped as time went on. Slightly low wbc at admission at 4.57 (range 5.5-15.5). Slightly low albumin 3.0-3.3 (range 3.8-5.4). Esr was borderline at 15. Ast and alt were slightly elevated at 1-2 times normal range.

He seemed to recover fine from that. Then on Monday, 1 month post myositis, he had leg pain again. He was walking funny/limping favoring his right leg. Said his legs hurt to walk. Painful to squeeze leg muscles. He was also doing tiptoe walking most of the time. Lab tests were mostly normal, except elevated ESR at 17 (range <=15). Also elevated alkaline phosphatase at 284 (range 0-269). 2 days later re did labs and while I don't have the numbers yet I was told crp was elevated too. His doctor consulted neurology and they said they think it's viral synovitis?

I'm just having a hard time believing he would have two different strange viral leg problems in one month. I need some opinions or advice. So anything you have to say will be appreciated. Currently we are just waiting to see if he gets better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply