It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board

• Father with cancer and unusual behavior, CT scan and bloodwork shows nothing

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-05-2019, 02:49 PM   #1
    liz8100
    (female)

liz8100 HB User
    Father with cancer and unusual behavior, CT scan and bloodwork shows nothing

My dad has pancreatic neuroendocrine cancer and was getting more confused. Night before last in the middle of the night, he wandered out of the house and went around the neighborhood, confused. He was taken to the hospital and a CT scan and bloodwork shows nothing that could've caused this behavior. Why isn't anything showing up in the tests or his CT scan?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2019, 06:11 PM   #2
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
    Re: Father with cancer and unusual behavior, CT scan and bloodwork shows nothing

Unfortunately not everything is easily determined by bloodwork or imaging. Was he tested for a UTI or is he dehydrated?

Old 03-05-2019, 07:27 PM   #3
    liz8100
    (female)

liz8100 HB User
    Re: Father with cancer and unusual behavior, CT scan and bloodwork shows nothing

Not quite sure about the UTI but I think the test was negative. Definitely not dehydrated because he's been drinking lots of water!

Old 03-05-2019, 11:24 PM   #4
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Dear liz,

I am so sorry to say, but cancer of the endocrine system means that his metabolism, sexuality, sleep, mood, and everything about him will be or is being negatively affected. In other words his body, mind and and emotions have gone berzerk. I think there is no cure.

Hugs,

Reply Reply