It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board

• Numb Thumb

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-05-2019, 11:48 AM   #31
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Numb Thumb

Hi...you have so much going on, and with diabetes and no thyroid...that alone should have an endo caring for you.

The fat build up is plaque, and it can very well be inherited. Your cholesterol should be taken care of...especially because of the risk being a diabetic, etc. I take 10mg generic version of Crestor, and it's worked amazingly and is consistent. Awesome the angiogram was good!

CMV is cytomagalovirus....since you had lumbar puncture, I would think it might have been on the checked list. Many of us have been exposed to it and have no symptoms....bit it's a herpes virus and never leaves our bodies. It was a thought since your brain scan mentioned infective.

I think as suggest.....fresh eyes and different perspective can open other testing. In some aspects, I think some doctors tire at complex cases and close their brains. I've had that experience, and that frustration can certainly do a number on our psyche. For some docs I'm not bad enough (so they compare).
    Many docs have asked if my effexor is high enough, and I said "it is to take the edge off, and my hard-wiring is what it is....besides, I'm well aware of what I'm thinking and doing. That's the pay-off of almost 17 years of therapy! Its NOT in my head causing the issues, but being distressed of having no answers and feeling like crap everyday is what is overwhelming".

Looking forward to your update.

q

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2019, 01:25 PM   #32
    Blathanna77
    (female)

Blathanna77 HB User

Hi quincy,

I have not been diagnosed with diabetes. The doc just said they would keep an eye on me. The doc that rang me with my results told me I don't need any medication only for cholesterol. I'm due to see my own GP next week. They all work in the same clinic, so my own GP might say different about my results. No diagnosis for Diabetes anyway or even a suggestion by the doc who rang that I need to see anyone or take meds for Diabetes. When I see my own GP next week, I will ask her to refer me to an endrodologisit.

I'm thinking of pursuing Biopsy because of infective being in my brain MRI report. I did pursue before but it didn't pan out. I really feel it is worth doing now so more than ever, because infective may be why I am ill. My head feels drunk every day and woozy so I think five years is a long time to be feeling so ill and what if I did have something infective, I would really like to know more about that.

I know I was checked for Lyme's, my lumber puncture was fine, nothing showed up back in 2014. The thing is why did infective show up in my report, same time I was pushing for biopsy. Its all just annoying me because it's nothing at all unusual my neurologist told me that these different thing's pop up in reports. For me though I wonder why it popped up at all, none of my previous MRI reports had that word in them.

I'm going to ask my GP to reduce the efexor, back down to 150mg and start weaning me off the Quetiapine.

I don't think it is a common listing in brain MRI reports, infective. It concerns me because I don't know why its in my report. I am concerned about it, even though my neurologist told me I don't have any infection, but then my neurologist has been back and forth on biopsy and infective means, not infected but likely to infect. Can you make anything out of this? What would be likely to infect? It sounds to me like some sort of thing that is likely to infect, I don't get it. Is that why I am ill, it is weakening me, and causing me these symptoms, but is stable and not progressing. What if it does become unstable and progress. Its all just not making sense, or adding up. I need to know why I'm ill, even if this whatever it is remains dormant, I still need to know if this infective word in my report is why I am ill. Biopsy could clarify, what's likely to infect.

I'm sick of the whole lot of it. Psychiatrist's, antipsychotic medication all sorts of psychiatric diagnosis, and infective on my brain MRI report, and I'm supposed to just not wonder why it is in my report, round same time I go looking for Biopsy. I mean that is just not on. If it were in any of their reports, they wouldn't be worried, I doubt it. I have symptoms that are just not getting better and my head feels like sick all the time. Its really awful, I have no energy with it, it is exhausting. Something is going on. Its no somataform disorder, or hypochondriacal preoccupation, obsessive narcosis, etc..., its a nightmare.

I'll let u know how I get on with my doc next week.

The Following User Says Thank You to Blathanna77 For This Useful Post:
    quincy (04-06-2019)
    Old 04-05-2019, 09:34 PM   #33
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Dear Blathanna,

One can usually deal with or avoid diabetes with diet, so avoid those simple carbs as much as possible. They are not beneficial calories, anyway. The more sedate we are the more we need to avoid simple carbs.

Are you on thyroid replacement? Sorry if I missed that information.
    If you have no thyroid you do need thyroid replacement.
    But you need that to be monitored so you don't get too much.

How thyroid is measured can be a bit confusing.
    Certain high readings can mean you are not getting enough thyroid. If you have any thyroid readings perhaps you can post or re-post them here. Make sure to post the name of each type of thyroid reading and the lab range

Reply Reply