HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Neurology (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/neurology/)
-   -   upcoming brain mri (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/neurology/1046968-upcoming-brain-mri.html)

Blathanna77 05-22-2019 10:35 AM

upcoming brain mri

Hi I am to have a brain Mri with contrast tomorrow. I have no diagnosis so far for my symptoms. Drunkeness drowsiness and clumsiness awkward.

I am hoping this scan shed light with contrast. I have had some with contrast before but there wasn't change.

Do any of you know if changes can occur in short periods of time? My scans have remained the same for a long time but my symptoms are very bad and they remain would there have to be changes always if I am ill already. I don't know what to expect tomorrow but I think contrast is a better scan if change is happening it should show something.

I do have a lot of dizziness lately on and off with the usual awful drowsiness. Hopefully I will be ok it's just that I am not feeling at all well and have zero energy. Hopefully something my scan tomorrow may shed light that's what I hope because I definitely think I should not be feeling so ill if there isn't anything wrong but it is kind of very difficult to understand what they are looking for.

I will keep you posted once I have my results.

Thanks for your thoughts as always.

MSNik 05-22-2019 06:07 PM

Re: upcoming brain mri

Hi there, I am sorry you are going through this...but yes...MRIs can change from month to month..

I have MS and have had stable MRIs only to have significant symptoms pop up and go for another MRI a month later and its completely all over the place (bad).

Go for the test. Anything can happen. I hope it goes well for you.

Blathanna77 05-23-2019 12:07 PM

Thanks MSNik for your thoughts. I have had my scan with contrast. Took about 30 minutes. At one stage during the scan the technician asked me if I ever had surgery to my head or treatment. I replied no to both. He asked my symptoms as well. I told him I have terrible drowsiness.

I did fill out the usual questionnaire before my scan. The report should be back by the time I see my neurosurgeon at the end of the month. Hopefully something will guide him and my neurologist to come to some sort of conclusion. Depends on this scan I guess.

I took a copy of my scan. I had a look but don't see anything I can make out of it. It's just images. No point me looking anyway. That's up to my docs.

Hope you are keeping well. By all accounts I do not have MS. I have really awful symptoms for five years. It's the drunkenness drowsiness and fullness in my head that's the worst. An achy head and just not myself at all. It's awful because I don't have any diagnosis or even idea why I have the symptoms I do which is why I am praying something may show to help my doctors.

Have to wait and see. My previous scans show no changes. I don't know why I am ill but it is my head that is like mush so don't know if I will get any further details from this scan today. It's a terrible thing to say but I am hoping it does provide something even small just to help my docs and me. I feel surely with the symptoms I have there must be something but it's so far no idea five years on.

I will keep you posted when I get my results. Fingers crossed I get help and to know why I remain so unwell.

MSNik 05-23-2019 04:46 PM

Good luck Blathanna! Let us know!

Blathanna77 05-25-2019 05:28 AM

MSNik,

Thanks for your kind thoughts. I have been looking at my Mri just being curious. On a T1 before and after contrast axial images, one of those 25 images in that set has a white arch like something? on it with what looks like a leakage perhaps of the contrast don't know, leaving the white area. It looks like a blurry off white uneven line leaving the white arch like bright whatever it is called.

It's post contrast Image of a set of 25 images. On the pre contrast images same T1 set of 25, I don't see anything on the same image that shows white post contrast.

I read before that if something looks white with contrast that it could mean something like inflammation etc... I am just as I say curious and have no idea if this is a normal occurance on scans. It's the doctor's who know.

So far all my previous scans never had any enhancement. I did have a few Mris with contrast and all those reports had no enhanced lesions.

The shape of the white area looks quite obvious like an arch and I think there are two tiny white spots just at the point of the arch. Definitely there is an arch like white area on the right side.

Do you know anything about contrast if it shows white area can it mean anything or just normal.

Thought I would just mention this as I am as you know so far have no answer for my symptoms. I'm waiting for report so hopefully that might have new info.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

MSNik 05-25-2019 03:43 PM

Blathanna, stop looking at it. There is a reason doctors go through 10 years of school....I cant even begin to tell you what you are seeing and you shouldn't be looking or guessing!

The only thing I can tell you is that the radiologist sees this within 24 hours, if there was an emergency, they would call you in immediately..no news is good news.

After 15 years of twice yearly MRIs I stopped worrying. Your doctor will call you after the weekend and let you know if it is normal or ask that you come in to discuss.

Hang tight. Youll know soon enough. :wave:

Blathanna77 05-26-2019 03:37 PM

Thanks MSNik,

You are so right! I'm always running away with myself. I was curious and have no idea whatsoever what anything on my scan means. What I see is of no relevance. My docs know best. I have been unfair to them going on and on. It's the frustration. They do amazing work. Sometimes they don't have answers and I'm not the only one who has no answer.

No news is good news. I prayed in the scanner the other day asking god to shed some light to help me and my doctors. Maybe he has I don't know but I am hoping always to get an idea why I have my symptoms.

They will call me if they need to. I will see my neurosurgeon Thursday. He arranged this scan. My neurologist will get a copy as well so I will know soon enough like you said.
Thanks MSNik for your thoughts. I will let you know when I know.